Sunday, August 28, 2011

Devils Tower ( aka Bear Lodge )

It's Friday. I leave Rapid City early to get the day started.  Its sparkling out and I'm on my way to Billings, Montana my designated gateway to Yellowstone. It's the third cloudless day in a row and hot. Lucky me. Back in my hometown we just had a earth quack and a hurricane is soon to hit.

I stop in Sundance on my way to Devil's Tower for breakfast. I'm the only one in the restaurant and I spy a table with a newspaper. I read it through while I eat saving the op-ed page for last and find a column by Ann Coulter. Sadly, she's still at war with science. She's all mad because scientists have not responded to her latest best selling book 'disproving' evolution. If you wonder what the hubbub is about, a good negative response can be found here.

Devils Tower  is about 20 miles north of Sundance and it looms up ahead. I'm on my way to Billings Montana where I've booked a room.


While there, I check out the visitors center and take more pictures. I meet a young guy on a Honda Goldwing who's touring the country solo for four months. I couldn't but be jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment